1. Badenhausen, K. (2015, March 11). How Michael Jordan still makes $100 million a year. Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2015/03/11/how-new-billionaire-michael-jordan-earned-100-million-in-2014/#a05117836c5b
2. Burns, A. (2013, December 16). A crowd of shoppers literally knocked the mall doors off their hinges to get the new Air Jordans. Uproxx. Retrieved from http://uproxx.com/sports/crowd-shoppers-literally-knocked-mall-doors-hinges-get-new-air-jordans/
3. Digital Media Staff. (2014, August 5). The history of social networking. Digital Trends. Retrieved from http://www.digitaltrends.com/features/the-history-of-social-networking/
4. Diaz, A. (2015, March 23). The definitive guide to using the Michael Jordan crying meme. Complex. Retrieved from http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/03/michael-jordan-crying-meme-guide/
5. Germano, S., & Woo, S. (2016, February 4). Michael Jordan surges on web as “crying Jordan.” The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved from http://www.wsj.com/articles/basketball-legend-surges-on-web-as-crying-jordan-1454531219?cb=logged0.1720610479824245
6. U.S. Merriam-Webster Dictionary (2011). Springfield, Massachusetts: Merriam-Webster.
7. Bai, B., Leung, X. Y., & Stahura, K. A. (2015). The marketing effectiveness of social media in the hotel industry: A comparison of Facebook and Twitter. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research, 39(2), 147-169.
8. Madden, M., & Zickuhr, K. (2011). 65% of online adults use social networking sites. The Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project. Retrieved from http://www.pewinternet.org/2011/08/26/65-of-online-adults-use-social-networking-sites/
9. Constantinides, E., & Fountain, S. (2008). Web 2.0: Conceptual foundations and marketing issues. Journal of Direct Data and Digital Marketing Practice, 9(3), 231-244.
10. Thompson, D. (2015, February 16). The unbearable lightness of tweeting. The Atlantic. Retrieved from http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/02/the-unbearable-lightness-of-tweeting/385484/
11. Chaykowski, K. (2016, February 10). Twitter shares tumble as users disappear. Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/kathleenchaykowski/2016/02/10/twitter-shares-tumble-on-contracting-user-base/#b618f916c90f
12. Company Info (2016). Facebook. Retrieved from http://newsroom.fb.com/company-info/
13. Luckerson, V. (2013, April 9). A year later, Instagram hasn’t made a dime. Was it worth $1 billion? Time. Retrieved from http://business.time.com/2013/04/09/a-year-later-instagram-hasnt-made-a-dime-was-it-worth-1-billion/
14. Kharpal, A. (2015, September 23). Facebook’s Instagram hits 400m users, beats Twitter. CNBC. Retrieved from http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/23/instagram-hits-400-million-users-beating-twitter.html
15. Bird, L., Johnson, M., & MacMullan, J. (2010). When the game was ours. New York, NY: Mariner Books.
16. Yuscavage, C. (2015, June 18). Larry Bird’s favorite part about winning an NBA title was knowing how much it hurt Magic Johnson. Complex. Retrieved from http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/06/larry-bird-favorite-part-winning-nba-title-was-knowing-how-much-it-hurt-magic-johnson
17. Peters, K. (1990, May 22). Magic Johnson receives another MVP award. Deseret News. Retrieved from http://www.deseretnews.com/article/103558/MAGIC-JOHNSON-RECEIVES-ANOTHER-NBA-MVP-AWARD.html?pg=all
18. Merlino, D. (2011, May 13). Magic Johnson and Larry Bird: The rivalry that transformed the NBA. Bleacher Report. Retrieved from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/699088-magic-johnson-and-larry-bird-the-rivalry-that-transformed-the-nba
19. Whitaker, L. (2012, June 11). The dream will never die: An oral history of the dream team. GQ Magazine. Retrieved from http://www.gq.com/story/dream-team-20th-anniversary-1992-olympics-usa-basketball
20. McCallum, J. (2013). Dream team: How Michael, Magic, Larry, Charles, and the greatest team of all time conquered the world and changed the game of basketball forever. New York, NY: Ballantine Books.
21. The Seoul Olympics: Men’s basketball; Soviets roll past Yugoslavs for the gold (1988, September 30). The New York Times. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/1988/09/30/sports/the-seoul-olympics-men-s-basketball-soviets-roll-past-yugoslavs-for-the-gold.html
22. Eligon, J. (2005, October 19). N.B.A. dress code decrees: Clothes make the image. The New York Times. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/19/sports/basketball/nba-dress-code-decrees-clothes-make-the-image.html?_r=0
23. Spears, M. J. (2015, October 17). How the NBA’s fashion game has evolved in the 10 years since the 2005 dress code. Yahoo Sports. Retrieved from http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-the-nba-s-fashion-game-has-evolved-in-the-10-years-since-the-2005-dress-code-060252761.html
24. Deleon, J., & Babcock, G. (2015, October 17). 10 NBA players who embodied basketball style through the NBA dress code. Complex. Retrieved from http://www.complex.com/style/2015/10/nba-player-style-icons-nba-dress-code
25. Irvine, J. (2009, September 9). Basketball hall of fame class of 2009. Bleacher Report. Retrieved from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/251167-basketball-hall-of-fame-class-of-2009
26. Wojnarowski, A. (2009, September 12). Jordan’s night to remember turns petty. Yahoo Sports. Retrieved from http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-jordanhall091209
27. Isola, F. (2009, April 10). Ex-Knick coach Jeff Van Gundy’s barbs on TV draw ire. The New York Daily News. Retrieved from http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ex-knick-coach-jeff-van-gundy-barbs-tv-draw-ire-article-1.360776
28. Boutin-Bloomberg, (2016, January 28). Draymond Green wants to stay away from being a crying Jordan meme. Fansided. Retrieved from http://fansided.com/2016/01/28/draymond-green-wants-stay-away-crying-jordan-meme-video/
29. Pallotta, F., & Stelter, B. (2016, February 8). Super Bowl 50 audience is third-largest in TV history. CNN Money. Retrieved from http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/08/media/super-bowl-50-ratings
30. Freeman, E. (2016, March 20). Here's why Bill Murray is rooting for Xavier. Yahoo Sports. Retrieved from http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/why-is-bill-murray-rooting-for-xavier-015705812.html
31. Thompson, P. (2016, February 10). Finally! Michael Jordan reacts to the crying meme. The Chicago Tribune. Retrieved from http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-michael-jordan-crying-meme-reaction-20160210-story.html